Magic mushrooms are wild or cultivated mushrooms that contain psilocybin, a naturally-occurring psychoactive and hallucinogenic compound. Psilocybin is considered one of the most well-known psychedelics, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administrations.
Magic mushrooms are often prepared by drying and are eaten by being mixed into food or drinks, although some people eat freshly picked magic mushrooms.
Shrooms have a long history of being associated with spiritual experiences and self-discovery. Many believe that naturally occurring drugs like magic mushrooms, weed, and mescaline are sacred herbs that enable people to attain superior spiritual states. Others take magic mushrooms to experience a sense of euphoria, connection, and a distorted sense of time.
The psilocybin found in shrooms is converted to psilocin in the body and is believed to influence serotonin levels in the brain, leading to altered and unusual perceptions. The effects take 20 to 40 minutes to begin and can last up to 6 hours—the same amount of time it takes for psilocin to be metabolized and excreted.
It needs to be treated and taken with care, however. When you really take time to prepare for your magic mushroom ceremony, the experience will be so much more worthwile. It is also very important to be guided afterwards so that you can integrate all your experiences into your daily life.
Magic Mushroom preparation
While preparing for magic mushrooms, there is a few things that I find very important:
- Carefully checking in whether the magic mushroom is calling you. Ask yourself why you want to take magic mushrooms. Is it because it is popular or is it because your soul is asking you to the plant?
- Setting an intention for your journey. Energy is chaotic until it is has intensity and direction. The intensity the plant will take care of but the direction you need to take care of. It is good to really think about your intention and what you want to get out of the journey.
- Carefully manage the set, setting and dosage of your journey. Where you will take the mushroom, how you feel before it and how much you take will have a large effect on your journey. When you can manage these properly, you will be able to have a much more rewarding experience.
- Knowing what to expect a little bit. It can help to ask other people about their journeys or to read into magic mushrooms. Like this your mind will be able to relax more easy and you can surrender to the process. Surrender and trust are two of the most important ingredients during your journey.
I can help you with the preparation of your journey. We can have a conversation about where you are standing at this moment in life so that you can pick the right intention for your journey. I will also be able to see ahead so I can prepare you for what is about to unfold and set your mind at ease.
After magic mushrooms
You come home from the most magical journey. Magic mushroom has led you to places that you could never have imagined before.
But then you come back to your normal life and you wonder is this it? How can you match what happened during your journey to your daily life? Maybe this is where the challenge lies, because in the end it is about the integration of your experience. How will you allow the magic mushroom to lift your life to a higher level.
I can help you in this process:
- Holding space for you to talk about what you experienced during your journey. I will be able to travel with you so can understand at a deep level what you went through. Talking about the experience can help a lot in integrating and understanding the experience
- Actively thinking about how you can integrate the insights that you have received into your life. Making the magic mushroom experience practical and allowing it to boost your daily life.
- Further healing trauma that was opened after your magic mushroom experience. Sometimes the magic mushroom opens up blockages inside of our body so that they start to move. This is amazing because like this they can move out. But sometimes they need a little bit more taking care of. I can help you move them out of your system so that you can really heal the trauma inside of you.
Take plant medicine serious. Take yourself serious.
If you take yourself serious, you also take your magic mushroom journey serious by preparing it in a good way and integrating it afterwards.
Are you curious about what I can do for you? Reach out for a free 10-minutes video call to explain the options.