What is Surf and Life Coaching?
Before I tell you more about surf and life coaching, first let me tell you more about what the ocean means to me. The ocean brings me into contact with myself. It allows me to be who I am deep down inside. While surfing it is impossible to keep up my masks, to pretend to be someone I am not. Surfing confronts me with nature in such a way that it directly brings me back to me.
I want to give you the opportunity to connect with your true self and join me on a unique journey where I combine surf and life coaching to bring out the best in you.
First part of the journey
will start in the ocean where I teach you all I know about surfing. I can teach
you how to catch your first wave, but I can also help you to understand how to
catch green waves or improve your turning technique for example. During the
surfing session I will see the real you. With all your amazing features and all
your challenging attributes.
Maybe you struggle to stand up for yourself. Maybe you are very good at pushing yourself but often cross your own boundaries. Or maybe you find it difficult to stay calm in the midst of adversity. Or maybe you do not know how to manage your energy and you find yourself completely exhausted at the end of every day.
Second part of the journey
will act as a mirror and bring out exactly that which you can improve on the
most. The surfing session is only the beginning because our journey continues
with a life coaching session. While we enjoy some nice food and drinks and
allow our bodies to recharge, we will look back at the surfing session
together. We can focus on one topic in specific, such as energy management,
stress management, dealing with emotions or gaining clarity about who you are,
or we can see whatever comes up naturally.
At the end of the journey you will go home with a happy body, a happy mind and a happy soul. You will have gained insights about how to become a better surfer, but most importantly you will paved your way towards living a life that flows just like the ocean, effortless and free.
Are you ready to embark on your journey and find out what the ocean can teach you?
hours of private surf coaching in the Algarve
wetsuit and a board
hour of life coaching
yummy food and drinks for afterwards
from and to the beach (depending on where you stay I might be able to pick you
up on the way)
What is the
surf coaching session like?
surf coaching session I will check your level of surfing so that I can find a
beach which suits well to your ability. Depending on your current level of
surfing, I will teach you whatever is important. Part of the lesson will
consist of theory, part of the lesson will be in the water. When you are mostly
surfing white water waves, I will be standing on the shore mostly so that I can
keep track of what you are doing and give you feedback whenever necessary. When
you are already surfing green waves I will come in the water with you and
together we will find some nice waves to surf. After every wave I can give you
feedback and we can build towards improving your performance.
What is the
life coaching session like?
During the life coaching session we will focus on a
topic of choice or see whatever comes up naturally. We will have a conversation
about the topic where I will ask you questions that make you reflect your life.
Maybe I will also ask you to do an exercise or give you an exercise for at
Our coaching sessions combine state-of-the-art science
with practical knowledge but mostly aim to be specifically matched to suit your
needs. Waves of Life does not have a one-size fits all method because we think
that every individual is different and thus should be coached in a different
way. Not a scientific theory but you are the
starting point of our coaching. I make use of my knowledge in the sports
psychology and life coaching, but also of my intuitive ability to understand
what you need exactly.
Why are you a good coach?
There are a few
reasons why I think I will be able to coach you efficiently towards a better
way of life.
- MY BACKGROUND: I have a master in Movement Sciences and a post-master in Sports Psychology. Also, I am a licensed surf instructor.
- MY EXPERIENCE: I have more than 6 years experience with coaching people towards better lives and 10 years of surfing experience.
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE: I have an inherent ability to relate well to all kinds of people but at the same time I can see through your behaviour that might be standing in the way of progress
- LOVE FOR COACHING: I love what I do and you can feel it. I honestly care about you and your life and want to do everything I can to help you become more satisfied in life.
- PROVEN TRACK RECORD: I have gone through the highs and lows of life and have been through most of the processes that clients are going through
be the potential results of the journey?
- Have fun
- Be surprised
- Feel satisfied after having spend some time in the ocean
- Have improved your surfing technique
- Know better how to manage your own energy
- Have gained self-confidence in and out of the water
- Have gained clarity about who you really are deep down inside and what you stand for
- Be better in managing stress
- Have learned how to deal with your emotions
- Have gained insights about your life
- Know how to deal with fear in and out of the water
- Have better knowledge about where your limits are
- Know what are your next steps in life
Want to go on a journey with me?
You can contact us for more information or book your session straight away here.