On this page you can read more about our surf and inner balance retreats!
The next surf and inner balance retreats will take place on:
- 31st of May – 6th of June
- 14th of June – 20th of June
Sometimes we lose touch with who we are. We forget what we stand for and what we find important in life and instead just react to whatever life throws upon us. In our retreats you can re-discover who you are so that you can build a life that fits to who you are.
When we do this, life flows effortlessly, we have energy left at the end of the day and we feel so much joy and peace of mind every single day.
The retreat will consists of different parts:
– Group coaching sessions: during the coaching sessions we will sit together with the group (maximum 4 people) and dive into a theme. We will start off with exploring who you are and what you stand for. Then we will talk about how you manage your own energy and how you deal with emotions. We will finish with setting goals that you want to work towards after the retreat. Depending on the theme, different methods are used such as group discussion, tests, individual and creative assignments. The most important thing is that the needs of the group stand central and that the program can be adapted to what the participants need at that moment. Because the group only consists of 4 people, a sacred space will be created in which everyone feels safe and can learn from one another.
– Surfing classes: the surfing classes are aimed at learning the basics of surfing. We start slow by understanding the timing of the ocean and feeling the ocean. Then we will start riding with the ocean, by lying down or maybe even standing on the board. The classes will be adapted depending on the individual needs and every individual will be challenged to his or her own level. The classes will take place on Amado beach unless the waves are too big and we will head to the South coast instead.
– Silent nature walks: the retreat takes place in the most wonderful nature in the Vicentina national park in Carrapateira. This is the wild-west of Portugal. It is an untamed landscape, with empty beaches and cliff formations that are absolutely breath-taking. We will be very close to both Amado and Bordeira beach which allow us to explore stunning nature with all the tourists already having gone. During the retreat there is plenty of time to discover the nature in the area but we will also explore some parts together during silent walks and coaching sessions in nature.
– Yoga: there will be one or two yoga sessions during the retreat but this will not be the main focus. However, there is plenty of time during the day to do your own yoga routine and there is a beautiful platform next to our accomodation.
– Healing and individual coaching sessions: can be requested for an additional cost
We will sleep in Cato bed and breakfast where you will have a twin room shared with one other participant of the retreat. The bed setups are very comfortable, there are lovely balconies with garden or sunset view and a beautiful front patio. Most of all the accomodation is set to make you feel at home the moment you enter. Cato is beautifully located within walking distance to Bordeira beach and Carrapateira town but since it is on a little side road, it is very nice and quiet.
Every morning there will be healthy breakfast served for you by our friends from Cato, a restaurant that has a biologically-managed vegetable growing project so that it can grown his own fruits and vegetables. We will also have an amazing welcome dinner at the arrival day on Sunday there. Lunches and other dinners are free for you to chose where to have it. You can eat a sandwich on the beach, but you can also enjoy one of the restaurants in the area.
During the retreat you will be guided by Roos Malmberg. After a master in movement sciences and sports psychology, Roos was running a succesful coaching company in Amsterdam for many years. Although she loved what she did, she realized that she could not live without the ocean near her so she decided to turn around her life. She sold her company, her house and let go of her boyfriend and started working as a surf instructor in Sri Lanka and Portugal. She loves sharing her passion with people and loves it even more to see how the ocean changes people. That is why she set up a new company Waves of Life where she now coaches people online and offline to their ideal way of life.
The price of the retreat is 749 euros. This includes a welcome dinner on Sunday, all the coaching sessions and materials, three surf classes including wetsuit and surfboard, one yoga class, nature walks, healthy breakfasts and 6 nights in beautiful accomodation.